Monday, March 16, 2015

granny blanket : waldo's puzzle

Well, what do you know it's Monday and I'm actually posting this week's square on time.  Let's get right to it, because I have to get a grocery store run in before the boys get home.

WEEK TWELVE || Waldo's Puzzle
by Chris Simon

I loved the center motif on this square, and thought it had a bit of a Celtic flair (in honor of St. Patty's Day this week).  I will admit, it was a challenge to get those rings to join in just the right way, and I ended up having to cut off my third ring because it wasn't quite facing the right way when I went to add on the fourth.  I cheated a bit (on the recommendation of my friend and crocheting partner) and crocheted the last two rings with out joining (i.e. ch19, 2dc in 4th ch from hook and each ch across (32 dc), and then joined the little curly strips the the other rings to match the picture.)  Stick with it--once you get this part done, the rest of the square is a breeze.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!