Saturday, May 3, 2014

happy international scrapbook day!

Just a quickie post to wish all you crazy scrapbookers out there a very happy International Scrapbook Day!  Hope you are all getting your scrap on and making time for the creative hobby we love so much.  The one that marries our creative energies with memory keeping and story telling.  The one that breaks our budgets despite out attempts at "no-spending" limits.  The one that makes us live in the moment, appreciate the here and now, and capture the smallest moments of our lives and the lives of those we love.

I don't make nearly enough time for this hobby I love, but today I made it a priority (yup, bathrooms didn't get cleaned yet, and sheets are stripped off beds waiting for fresh ones to be put on).  
But I have this photo of my barely pre-teen son and me in the car before his guitar lesson this morning.  He was poking fun at my new "nerdy" sunglasses.  When I went to snap a picture, he popped up from the back seat to bomb my photo.  As he approaches his 13 birthday next month, I know his willingness to get his picture taken, especially with his mama, is dwindling.  I'm so grateful to have captured this small moment of us, and to have taken the time to document the story behind it.  And that I owe to scrapbooking.

This page was inspired by the Citrus Twist Kits NSD challenge and the gorgeous moodboard that Nathalie put together:
Inspired by: the florals, the pinwheels, the soft pinks, the hexagons, the brush script, the metallic gold.


2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love your cluster of embellies (I spotted the pinwheel right away ;), the cut background and the title! I LOVE it all! Thank you so much for playing along with me and CTK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and BTW, I also love the look of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!