Wednesday, January 15, 2014

granny coffee cozy

made with the Rhonna Designs and Snapeee Apps
I have decided to designate Wednesday's here on the blog to crochet.  I'm very excited to share whatever bit of crochet I am working on and to hear about what you might be hooking up as well.

I work with a fantastic teacher with an ice coffee and hot soup addiction, so for Christmas I hooked her up a granny square coffee mug cozy.

I used a traditional granny square pattern to create two granny squares.  I joined the two squares on one side with a series of single crochet (long enough so that the 2 squares and the band would fit around the mug).  I framed the whole piece with a row of single crochet.  Next, I made three bands to connect the handle side (again in sc), and stitched on some buttons.  The buttons simply fasten in the spaces on the granny square design.

I wish I had more of a precise pattern to share with you, but it really isn't too difficult to make.

Now it's your turn: What's on your hook?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!