Wednesday, October 30, 2013

cards in the round

Hello crafty friends!

Geesh it's a miracle these days if I can get on this little old blog.  Wish I could say that it's because I've been busy in the studio doing all kinds of crafty projects.  But.  Nope.  It's not.

We have been spending a bunch of time at the rink {like 62 times this month to be exact}.  
I will never complain.  I am grateful for this sport: grateful that all 3 boys love it fiercely, grateful for the exercise and healthy lifestyle it provides them, grateful that they are healthy enough to play a sport, grateful for the friendships they have made on the rink that carry over to off the ice, grateful for the bonding that happens between them when they play hockey in the basement, in the driveway, or while sitting on the couch watching the Bruins game.
And I never tire of watching them take to the ice.

Hockey aside, I do have some cards to share with you today.  All three of them were made with the Top Dog Dies Circle Mini Album Die as their base.

To create the folded card base from this type of die, simply fold your card stock and line up the folded edge just inside the cutting line's edge.  This keeps the fold intact so that it opens like a card.


Floral swags are hot right now.  This one can be found here in the Silhouette online store.  A bow and a doily with a simple stamped sentiment finish off this card easily.

Another thing that has been trending for a while now is pie charts.  Inspired by Sara McLachlan's song "Ice Cream, I cut the pie chart shapes from a freebie cut file from the always adorable Juliana Michaels.  You can download yours here.  Check out her other fantastic die cut downloads on her blog, too.

Lastly, I have a cute little spinner card.  I used my new sketch pens for the Silhouette Cameo to write the text on the spinner.  The little shapes are a mix of patterned papers and some Stampin' Up! stamps.  By taking elements from Juliana's pie chart cut shared above, and this spinner cut from Silhouette (the arrow and the scallop circle), I was able to design a fun and interactive birthday card.

I'm kinda in love with the circle shape as a card base.  So many possibilities from one die cut shape.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to create round cards, this die is just perfect. I love your cards, especially the first one ! thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!