Saturday, October 20, 2012

Art Journaled Quotes

I love quotes.  

I love how a few words can come together to make an impact-filled statement.

And lately, I love combining favorite quotes I come across with a little bit of artistry to create my art journal pages.  

I whole-heartedly agree with Dieter Uchtforf's declaration that the desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul.  I feel it in myself.  When I am impatient, short-tempered, tired, unmotivated it's nearly always because I have pushed creating aside.  I remember that I need to refuel my soul--need to recharge by spending time with paints, paper, glue, yarn, the camera; need to get messy and just create something.  Anything.


This week I brought some paints, brushes, pens, bubble wrap, and some collage items to my parents' when I visited my brother.  I was deeply hoping that he would join me in creating some art.  He was a talented sketcher when he was younger, and I'm sure that gift is still within him.  He wasn't ready yet, but I created this:


2 comments:

  1. I had forgotten how bubble wrap print can lift one's spirits....thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I definitely need to use this simple tool more often. Now, if I can just keep the boys from popping all the bubble wrap!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!