Friday, December 9, 2011

A little Pinspiration

The other night I snapped some photos of our tree:

And then I came across this pin

So last night I gave it a try.  I set-up the tripod and set the aperture (f-stop) to 22 and the shutter speed (exposure time) to 10 seconds.  I used the timer mode to eliminate camera shake.  This is the result:
Much more twinkly, right?

Here's a little side-by-side:

I took a few other shots just to try out my new-found knowledge.

A tree close-up:
 

 Our front door:


I love when I get to be all nerdy with my camera! Give it a try and please let me know how you make out.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Michelle -- I've been having a really hard time with this. The lights make the focus get all weird, and the results, while interesting, have not exactly captured the magic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!