Monday, November 14, 2011

Pinspire Me Monday: Thanksgiving Placecards

Happy Monday!

This year, I was going to host Thanksgiving for the first time.  I was sweating it a bit because, let's face it, Thanksgiving is ALL about the food.  Yes, we think about what we are grateful for, and we are happy to be together with family and friends, but at the end of the day (when our bellies are stuffed fatter than the turkey was), we look back and think about how delicious everything was.

So when my aunt mentioned hosting the holiday this year, I graciously and gratefully handed over the baton errr, turkey baster (and then I said a little prayer that I am spared from having to cook a 28 pound bird, 14 side dishes, and 7 pies for at least one more year).  I will bring whatever her little heart desires

like Wegman's scrumdiddlyumptious pumpkin layer cake
and I will also be making the place cards for the table, which brings us to today's


This week's pin comes from Martha Stewart:

I picked up a few sprigs of fall doodads (technical crafting term) at the craft store, gathered up some sticks, and created a little label template in Word.


Some hot glue and these were a snap to put together.  Martha gives directions on her website linked above, but I do have one tip for you:
 if you find that your assembled sticks tip over, add a dot or two of hot glue to the underside to create a little "foot" for the piece to stand on.



Thanks so much for checking out this week's project.  And don't forget to link up your Pinspired creations in the sidebar (pretty, pretty please!).

1 comment:

  1. awesome... i follow you on pinterest now.. great post.... thanks..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!