Sunday, November 14, 2010

Crochet Ear Warmer

The cold weather is creeping in here in New England, and I keep seeing these headband style ear warmers popping up all over. 

Anthropologie
Isn't that cute?!  A quick search for a crochet pattern turned up this easy one.  It whipped up really quickly with an I-hook and some worsted weight yarn.
I embellished it with a clunky flower that I came up with, and I'm thrilled to share the pattern with you:

Petals:
With two strands of worsted weight yarn held together and a J-hook:
ch 6 and sl st in first ch to form a ring
Rnd 1: ch 6, dc in ring, *ch 3 dc in ring* repeat 3x, ch 3 and sl st in beginning of first ch of ch 6 (six ch 3 spaces created)
Rnd 2: (sc, hdc, 2 dc, hdc, sc) in each ch 3 space around; join with sl st in first sc (top petals made)
Rnd 3: sc around post of first dc in rnd 1; *ch 5, sc around post of next rnd 1 dc* repeat 4x and sl st in beginning of first ch of ch 5
Rnd 4: (sc, hdc, 3 dc, hdc, sc) in each ch 5 space around; join with sl st in first sc

Center:
With one strand of worsted weight yarn and an H-hook:
ch 4 sl st in first ch to form ring
ch 1, work 2 sc in each ch around - 8sc
without joining, work sc in each sc around three more times
stuff with fiberfill
sc in each sc around one more time
*sl st in next sc, skip next* repeat until 4sc remain
Fasten off leaving long tail and stitch to center of flower.

Happy Crocheting!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to me! Your ear warmer turned out great, I love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whip up a bunch for all your crafting friends for Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!