Monday, August 16, 2010

A baby onesie card (& an empty spool card)

I am so bummed that I did not have more time to work on some of the fabulous cards from the SH crop, but that's the price you pay when you go away, I guess (more on that later).  I did manage two creations tonight, and I will definitely be making others.  So here goes:


Carla did the most adorable baby onesie card using circle punches.   I mean, really, how stinkin' cute is this?!  Makes me want to have another baby (ummm, ok, not really). But seriously, I love this idea.  I will be making this style for every new baby card for the rest of my life. 

And then there's this one:
April had the most genius idea of using a ribbon spool as an embellie on a card and wrapping the sentiment around the empty spool.  Trash to TREASURE with a capital T!  I used the SU! Buterflies Sizzix die to cut the wings from patterned paper covered chipboard, then covered the spool with more pp and embellied with flowers, rhinestones, pearls, buttons, and ribbons.  I wrapped the sentiment around the empty spool.  It reads: Dreams are like the paints of a great artist. Your dreams are your paints, and the world is your canvas.  Believing is the brush that converts your dreams into a masterpiece of reality.

And here is the back:
I made the ruffle out of crepe paper. I actually took pics of the process so I can do a tutorial for you. I'll try to get that posted this week as well.

2 comments:

  1. Super adorable cards! I love the interesting shapes you've created...I feel so bound by my rectangle boxy cards now...hehe! Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby card is so flippin' cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!