Monday, May 3, 2010

dream grandly.live deeply.create daily


I created this canvas last weekend during Cocoa Daisy's Spring Crop. It was so fun to get out the paste and paints and play around--that's what it's all about, right!?

Here are the deets:
  1. I spread some modeling paste onto a 9x12 canvas and let dry.  I used good old Crayola watercolors to apply a wash in turquoise, then added some lime to the edge and held the canvas upright so it could drip down.  A few splatters of raspberry and turquoise and the background was done. 
  2. The branch was cut using the Craftwell eCraft Fundamentals 2 card.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but I ran the branch through the sewing machine to give it a bit of stitchy texture.  Then embellished it with some folded paper flowers.
  3. The butterflies are cut with the Sizzix Butterflies die from My Mind's Eye paper (the tiny one is a Martha Stewart punch) and embellied with rhinestones.
  4. The wording is something I came up with for my 2010 planner, and thought it would work well here.  The pink stickers are Basic Grey and the rubons are American Crafts.
Whip out some paints and dress up a canvas!  Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!