Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Brotherly Love

Thank goodness for inspiring websites like Splitcoast Stampers and the weekly challenges they pose, like this scrapbook sketch (a new one is posted every Friday, just in time for some weekend creativity). I wasn't planning to scrapbook last night, but this sketch was just the jump I needed to put together layout, to tell another story, and to make that stack of photos-to-scrapbook a little smaller.

For this layout I tilted the sketch on its side to accomodate my landscape oriented photos (remember, there are no rules in scrapbooking, even when you use a sketch). I chose my three favorite photos from this shoot taken just days after my youngest was born. Picking the patterned papers was the most difficult part: they came from three different manufacturers. To make that part easier on yourself, use a line of papers from the same manufacturer--that way everything is coordinated for you. I traced a large bowl for the circle and distressed the edge with a bit of pigment-based blue ink to make it stand out a bit from the pale yellow background. The placement of everything else just follows the sketch which makes assembly a breeze. A bit of paint on the chipboard "love" letters and the layout was complete.

Most of the colors on this page are muted and help the photos to really stand out. There is just a spattering of red to add a bit of bold color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!