Saturday, May 9, 2009

Spreading a Little Art Love

I just came across this idea on Patti Digh's blog. How wonderful would it be if we could all spread a bit of Art-Love around?

Here's the specs:

I will pick 5 people at random from the comments left on this post and each one will get something made by me. This offer does have some restrictions and limitations so please read carefully…

I make no guarantees that you will like what I make. (No refunds… no exchanges!!!!) What I create will be just for you, with love from me. It’ll be done this calendar year (2009) and when you get it, you have to let me know it arrived.

I will not give you any clue what it’s going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something cyber. It may be weird or beautiful. I may even create something totally unbelievable and surprise you!! It will be handmade and may be any medium I choose. Who knows? Not you, that’s for sure!

You must live in the US (so sorry to all my overseas readers, I'm so thrilled you're here, but the international shipping thing scares me a bit and some of the items may be somewhat bulky).

The original meme requires you to post this text into a note/post of your own and make 5 things for 5 people who respond to it. Though I can't make you do that, I hope that you will consider it and help spread a bit of "Artfilled Love" or "Lovefilled Art", however you see it.

I will choose five random commenters on the 15th of May and post them here. Those 5 people will be asked to email me their addys so I can mail them their art. Oooh, I'm giddy with the excitement of it all!

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! You don't have to pick me, but I'd be so lucky if chosen! And even if you don't pick me, I think I'll do the same! Love, love, love the idea!

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Michelle, your creativity knows no bounds! : ) You have already spread so much art to so many people with your classes, meetings, blogging, etc. I love how you keep putting yourself out there to try new challenges - it inspires me to keep trying too!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, I'll try it tho my art is not so polished...the idea is inspiring.

    Lorette Mc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came from OLW and this is such a great idea... FUN! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!