Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 8: Popsicle

I got these pictures developed nearly 6 years ago. They are of my oldest son when he was 2. When I looked through the roll of film, these photos caught my breath. They captured the simpleness of a darling little boy enjoying a summer treat as only a child can do. His hands are slick with sticky popsicle juice, his onesie is covered in drips, and even his shoe was not spared from a glop of melting sweetness. It was so fun to finally scrapbook these pics. I'm not convinced that my page does them justice, but I will say they look a heck of a lot better here than they do in the photo envelope they've been sitting in. Afterall, isn't that what it's all about?

How to: The journaling block was created in a measured text box in Word, but I added the colored words cut from a patterned paper. Here's how I did it:

  1. Create a text box and adjust to the desired size (right click on box border>format text box>size)
  2. Type words and when you come to a spot where you want to add a paper (or stamped) element draw a line that measures the same as the element you want to add.
  3. Continue typing and drawing lines until you like the way it looks.
  4. Just before printing, select and delete each line.
  5. Print, cut, and glue elements into place. Voila, a custom designed hybrid journaling block!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!